Thursday, September 30, 2010

Die Hard Yankees fan Sees Phillies win World Series

.

Okay, so the playoffs haven't even started.  And yes the Yankees are in the playoffs for the 100th or so year.  They are the defending champions and they have won so many World Series NYC lost track.

Then this is the year old George Steinbrenner died and the Yankees broke the bank spending on talent.  When talent fails a team like the Yankees tradition can usually carry them.  Coach Girardi is a clever dude and he may have been resting some the the Yanks these last few weeks and they may suddenly come to life.


But I have an instinct about some things.  I had it when I was in the clubhouse of Yankee stadium and then the dugout with the likes of Mickey Mantle and Roger Maris, Yogi Berra and Whitey Ford back in the early 1960's.  Even when I attended parties at Yogi's house in Jersey when I worked for the New Jersey governor.  Of course Yogi was a Jersey treasure longbefore he was a national treasure.



But my instinct tells me the Yankees are a little too tired to win the Series this year.  I think the Philadelphia Phillies will win the world championship because the are the hottest and most fearless team in the majors right now.  If they don't Ihope it is the Yankees.


.
         

No comments: