The Broken American Health Care System
When he ran for office Obama pledged to get control of health care costs and the first thing he did was have his then Chief of Staff Rahm Emanuel negotiate a multi billion dollar deal with big pharmaceutical companies to get their backing for his Obamacare health program.
Details of this deal have never been made public but he did get the support and money from big pharma to lobby and pass his health care program. As profits continue to climb and costs continue to soar for prescription drugs in
let us look at how they have fared in selling their drugs under Obamacare. America
Would you like to know what contributions you are making to drug companies in
? Here are the top 15 drug sales of prescription drugs for 2010 as reported by Bloomberg News. America
As you will note, the drug is first, what it treats next, the annual sales in BILLIONS of dollars, and the percentage change over the previous year. This does not include sales for livestock, fish and poultry use which can represent up to 70% of total antibody drug sales for big pharma, tens of billions more in revenues.
Lipitor Topped Worldwide Drug Sales in 2010; Crestor Gains Most
1. Lipitor - High cholesterol - Pfizer - $10.7 - -6%
2. Plavix - Blood clot prevention - Bristol Myers - $9.43 - -4%
3. Remicade - Rheumatoid arthritis - J&J Merck & Co. - $7.99 - N/A
4. Advair - Asthma - GlaxoSmithKline - $7.94 - 2%
5. Enbrel - Rheumatoid arthritis - Amgen/Pfizer - $7.23 - N/A
6. Abilify- -Depression Bipolar Schizophrenia - Otsuka/Bristol-Myers - $6.78 - N/A
7. Humira - Rheumatoid arthritis - Abbott - $6.55 - 19%
8. Avastin - Cancer - Roche - $6.22 - 8%
9. Rituxan - Lymphoma Leukemia - Roche/Biogen Idec - $6.11 - 9%
10. Diovan - High blood pressure - Novartis - $6.05 - 1%
11. Crestor - High cholesterol - AstraZeneca - $5.69 - 26%
12. Seroquel - Depression Bipolar Schizophrenia - AstraZeneca - $5.3 - 9%
13. Herceptin - Breast cancer - Roche - $5.22 - 7%
14. Zyprexa - Bipolar Schizophrenia - Eli Lilly - $5.03 - 2%
15. Singulair - Asthma Allergies - Merck & Co. - $4.99 - 7%
*Estimated, Otsuka declined to provide 2010 sales. Some year-over-year sales comparisons are N/A because there isn’t comparable 2009 data.
To contact the editor responsible for this story: Reg Gale at email@example.com..